As a lawyer and business owner, I consider myself extremely fortunate to live in a country like Canada, and to have been offered the opportunity to become successful. I believe that with privilege comes responsibility — responsibility to give back to my community and responsibility to help the less fortunate. To this end, I take an interest in worthwhile efforts to make my community and the world a better place. The following are a few of the not for profit community minded events that we have been involved with over the years:
- Helmets for Kids & Adults Campaign.
- The Lynn Valley Trail Association.
- The Twisted Festival.
- Jumpstart for kids.
- NACL (Norfolk Association for Community Living).
- Jessica VandenBussche ride across Ontario to raise funds and awareness for the Canadian Mental Health Association.
- Annaleise Carr Lake Ontario Swim for Camp Trillium.
- G.I.R.L.S. Power Camp.
- CLASS (Community Living and Access Support Services).
- Troy's Run Foundation.
- 2 house league soccer teams with Simcoe & District Youth Soccer Club.
- 5 Helmets for the Port Dover Steelheads Football Teams (ages 6-9 Tykes, and ages 9-11 Atoms.)
- Port Dover Lions Health & Fitness Event.
- The Rotary Club of Simcoe.
- Norfolk Rotary Club.
- Access to Justice (through the Ontario Trial Lawyers' Association).
- World Wildlife Federation.
- World Vision.
- Norfolk General Hospital — Pottahawk Swim for Breast Cancer.
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Toes for Terry — Terry Fox Fundraiser — 7 manicures donated to our local women's shelter.
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Haldimand-Norfolk.
- Smart Kids Don't Do Drugs.
- Kyle Grey — helping people in Hlabisa, South Africa, Africa.
- Tumaini Childrens' Foundation — helping children in Tanzania, Africa.
- United Nations Association in Canada — ongoing contributions.
- Haldimand and Norfolk CAS — Fresh Air Fund.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation.
- Police Retirees of Ontario — helping to establish and maintain a registry for sexual offenders.
- Wheelchair Basketball.
- Oldtimers Benefit Hockey.
- St. Paul's Anglican Church.
- The Save Darfur Coalition.
- Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police.
- United Way of Haldimand and Norfolk.
- Runners den Port Dover, Reindeer Run — Christmas fundraiser for CAS.
- Allie Richardson, helping children in South America.
There are many other initiatives we have either donated to or taken part in and we wish to continue supporting our community in these worthwhile ways.
Let us help you. 519-428-8090
Meet us at Simcoe Lions Park for your free Helmet! If you cannot make the event call our office at 519-428-8090 to arrange for a helmet fitting for your children and yourselves. Read more
Help Us raise funds to place Helmets on Kids and Adults throughout Norfolk County. Read more