Call 519-428-8090

"Your staff came to my home, met with myself and son when I came home from the hospital. She has always been in touch wit…"

Read more

Dad daughter

Motor Vehicle Collisions

If you have been injured in a car collision, you and your family may be faced with a great number of documents to fill out, and a maze of procedures to follow. This is a time when you are most vulnerable—not a time to set out to fight the insurance industry on your own.

Even if you are injured in a single car crash, you may still be able to sue the road authority for hazardous road conditions, or negligent design of the road (amongst others). Other causes of accidents include car defects or negligent repairs, or failure of an airbag to deploy.

In addition to the benefits provided by your own insurer, you may also have the right to sue the driver of the vehicle that caused the collision. Some of the benefits you may sue for are:

  • Claim for 'pain and suffering': your injuries must be 'permanent and serious'. This claim is subject to a $40,000 deductible if the award $100,000 or less
  • Claim for loss of Income: includes a claim for actual income you have lost; and the loss of economic advantage in the workforce.
  • Claim for out-of-pocket expenses: includes mileage charges, housekeeping and attendant care not covered by your insurer, etc.
  • Claims for family members: family members may claim for loss of care, guidance and companionship and for economic loss. This claim is subject to a $15,000 deductible if the award is $50,000 or less.
  • Claims arising from the death of a family member.
  • Claim for excess medical and rehabilitation expenses not paid for by your insurer.

Contact us for a free consultation on the legal rights and the options available to you.

Let us help you. 519-428-8090

Toll-Free 1-888-526-0235

Get a Free Consultation

If you have been injured in a car collision, you may be entitled to a number of accident benefits designed to help you recover and return to your normal life. If you have been denied such benefits, or the benefits have been terminated, we can help. When you call us, we will ask for some basic information about the accident and injuries, and then we will book an appointment to meet with you.